This is an excellent opportunity to join a committed, collaborative, and forward-thinking team at a quickly growing Black-led organization that has a team of passionate, fun, intelligent professionals who have demonstrated a commitment to engaging, encouraging, and empowering the next generation of leaders and changemakers.
The Development Manager will be part of a small development team, which is responsible for executing the organization’s development goals, meeting annual fundraising goals, and implementing strategies to increase donor engagement and giving.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
- Will be inspired by Kingmakers of Oakland’s mission of improving life and educational outcomes for Black males and equally passionate about leveraging resource development as an accelerator for achieving our mission.
- Will excel at the art and science of excellent fund development work, with high emotional intelligence and strong interpersonal skills combined with the ability to build systems and use data to support the management of individual, foundation, government, and corporate donors.
- Manage the grants and contracts pipeline - writing proposals, ensuring compliance, managing the master calendar, etc.
- Support the maintenance of existing donor relationships while helping grow the donor base.
- Collaborate with various departments to coordinate external communications about the impact and both large- and small-scale annual fundraising events.
- Prepare and present reports on fundraising activities to senior leadership.
- Understand fundraising and development metrics.
- Maintain donor (corporate, philanthropic, individual) record-keeping in Salesforce
This is a full-time nonexempt position that requires occasional in-person attendance.
SALARY RANGE $65,000 -$75,000 Annually
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Sick Leave
- Vacation Leave
- Paid Holidays
- Retirement Benefits