Senior Director of Impact and Evaluation
At Kingmakers of Oakland (KOO), we fundamentally believe that all Black males are brilliant, beautiful, and possess innate greatness. Because our society and educational systems aren't set up to help Black boys reach their potential, our collective opportunity and responsibility are to co-create the school environment every child deserves. The Kingmakers of Oakland approach proves that it is possible to rebuild school systems, structures, culture, and conditions so Black boys can thrive.
KOO is looking for a highly driven, innovative, and equity-focused professional passionate about working with people from diverse backgrounds and creating a more just and inclusive society.
The Ideal Candidate
- You will join a highly motivated and capable KOO team based across the country, drawing from their own experiences and professional and academic expertise.
- You will work collaboratively with senior leadership and program and operational teams on issues of cross-organizational relevance, providing support in the areas of Data Management and Evaluation, Data Systems and Designs, Business Development, and Reporting.
- You will apply your passion for social change, and your unique lived experiences to the advancement of KOO’s mission.
- Evaluate existing qualitative and quantitative data for Kingmakers of Oakland and its partner districts to align with desired metrics across program areas.
- Consult with leadership and thought partners on establishing strategic initiatives to increase partnerships, business development, and program impact
- Design comprehensive data systems that collect and analyze information across Kingmakers of Oakland programmatic areas.
- Design data collection and evaluation systems that measure knowledge transfer and impact across participating school districts.
- Develop custom data models and algorithms to apply to data sets.
- Develop processes and tools to monitor and analyze performance outcomes and data accuracy.
- Mine and analyze data from existing Kingmakers databases to drive programmatic improvements and business strategies.
- Identify appropriate and effective data collection metrics for Kingmakers of Oakland and school district partners.
- Use predictive modeling to increase client experiences, revenue generation, and other business outcomes.
- Provide outcomes reports demonstrating the impact of KOO for students and districts served and return on investment for district partners and funders.
- Create visual and statistical reports that help shape the narrative of KOO to be used in marketing, communications, fundraising, grant writing, strategic planning, and business development.
- Make evidence-based recommendations to inform and refine program delivery.
- Cultivate relationships to expand the brand of KOO.
- Mission alignment as it relates to engaging, encouraging, and empowering youth of color and toward systemic change in education
- Minimum seven years of experience managing a data analytics or master data team
- Proven experience or education in data management and analytics
- Proven ability to inspire confidence, create executive presentations, and guide strategic discussions with senior management.
- Expert ability to evaluate, prototype, and recommend open source and vendor technologies and platform
- Expertise in data management best practices such as data integration, data security, data warehousing, data analytics, metadata management, and data quality
- Mastery using data-related software tools
- Maintain strict confidentiality of all matters
- Maintain working knowledge of Industry, systems, process, and products
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, data management software, and online communications platforms; experience with UpMetrics, Tableau, Salesforce, MySQL, or other relational databases.
- Ability to understand and adapt to changing business priorities and technology advancements
- Ability to work independently and with small and large teams
- Must possess exceptional communication skills, including written and verbal
- Comfort with ambiguity and ability to successfully navigate within a young start-up nonprofit environment
- Establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with all levels of staff, stakeholders, and Board members
- Willingness to take responsibility for ensuring the completion of work across diverse and collaborative teams
- Understand and work within the scope of authority
- Value and contribute to sustaining a workplace culture based on trust, collaboration, respect, and honesty
This is a full-time, exempt remote position that requires occasional in-person attendance.
SALARY RANGE $110,000 -$150,000 Annually
Employee Assistance Program