Program Manager, Media Academy
PROGRAM MANAGER, KOO MEDIA ACADEMY
You are invited to work for an award-winning organization! KOO received the Project Innovations 2022 grant award.
NBC Bay Area, Telemundo 48 and the Comcast NBCUniversal Foundation awarded a $50,000 grant to Kingmakers of Oakland (KOO).
“We are honored and humbled to be selected as one of the ten organizations receiving the NBC Bay Area Project Innovation Award,” says Chris Chatmon, KOO Founder and CEO. “This investment will allow us to involve, inspire and enable the next generation to speak for themselves through narrative change, media platforms and event production through our KOO Media Academy.”
To read more Comcast NBCUniversal Award KOO Media Academy
The KOO Media Academy Program Manager is a part-time temporary nonexempt position funded through June 2023, with the possibility of annual renewal. The successful candidate will join a Black-led organization with a team of passionate, fun, intelligent professionals committed to engaging, encouraging, and empowering the next generation of leaders and changemakers.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
- Has a deep familiarity with the life experiences of Black students and an understanding of how teachers and school staff can change behaviors toward creating a culture where Black students can thrive
- Is willing to take responsibility for ensuring the completion of work across diverse and collaborative teams
- Is comfortable with ambiguity and ability to successfully navigate within a young start-up nonprofit environment
- Manage program schedule and ensure delivery of all aspects of Media Academy activities
- Manage multiple sites and on-location productions
- Manage program instructors, contractors, and volunteers
- Minimum 3 years’ experience as Program Coordinator or Program Administrator
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in Media Production
- Any combination of relevant experience and education
- Proven ability to establish trusting relationships with students, teachers, and families
- Excellent time management and organization skills
This is a part-time temporary nonexempt position at 75% time (32 hours per week) funded through June 2023, that requires occasional in-person attendance. Valid Red Cross First-Aid Certificate must be obtained within 90 days of employment.
SALARY RANGE $32 -$37 hourly
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Sick Leave
- Vacation Leave
- Paid Holidays
- Retirement Benefits